I came across this meme at Musings From the Fishbowl, whose lovely author Shellyfish tagged me on the basis of meeting the following criteria: I had a smoothie that day, I’ve never made my own seitan, I most definitely wish I was taller, and I always want to take a nap. The only thing on the list that didn’t apply to me was that I did not have more than one tattoo.
So, without further adieu, here’s how the meme works:
1. Post the rules of the game at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog (OR do what I and my fellows before me did instead…see end of meme)
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What were you doing five years ago?
Spending a lot of time in Ireland with my future husband and suffering from separation anxiety from my beloved New York (from which I had recently moved).
What are five things on your to-do list for today?
2) Buy bread and dog food.
4) Put the garbage, recycling, and green bins out.
5) Laundry (yuck.)
What are five snacks you enjoy?
1) Dried figs stuffed with walnuts or almonds.
2) Soy yogurt or pudding with fresh fruit and nuts.
3) Blueberries and stone fruits.
4) Cookies, cake, sweets in general.
5) Coffee. Not really a snack, but still.
What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?
Okay, after paying off family debts and buying every kitchen gadget I ever wanted, I’d…
1) Open a vegan bakery and cafe (this would put me in direct competition with Vegan Noodle over at Walking the Vegan Line ).
2) Buy apartments in Manhattan and Paris, a cottage in the Irish countryside, and villas in Provence and Tuscany, and outfit each with the most kick-ass gourmet kitchen known to man.
3) Give hundreds of millions of dollars away to the charities I love, like Farm Sanctuary, WSPA, IFAW, WWF, the Humane Society and other animal rescue organizations.
4) Start my own animal sanctuary and rescue organization.
5) Pay my way into space.
What are five of your bad habits?
1) I’m definitely too sensitive.
2) I’m a terrible housekeeper.
3) Man I’m stubborn.
4) I can be a tad argumentative (okay, hot-headed) when it comes to things I believe in.
5) Sweet tooth. Big time.
What are five places where you have lived?
1) In and around Toronto, Canada
2) Astoria, Queens, NYC
3) East Village, NYC
4) Co. Cork, Ireland
5) Paris, France (does two months count? This list is woefully short.)
What are five jobs you’ve had?
4) Copy Editor
5) Cage Girl (my husband always says this sounds naughty – it was a film & photo equipment cage at university)
Five people I tag:
Since some don’t enjoy tagging (and I’m shy anyway), I’m borrowing the following idea from Shellyfish of Musings From the Fishbowl – so you are tagged if you want to be and…
1) You ate a cookie today.
2) Your name starts with M.
3) You love the scent of a freshly opened container of coffee.
4) You think Hugh Laurie is sexy.
5) You live with one or more pets.