When Nicole Axworthy of A Dash of Compassion and Lisa Pitman of Vegan Culinary Crusade asked me to assist with the styling and photography of their Tiny Treats eBook, I was thrilled and honoured to join the collaboration. I have a great amount of respect for these two very talented ladies and I knew the project would be a ton of fun and a smash success. After having sampled copious amounts of scrumptious treats for months leading up to the shoot via their other joint venture, the Raw Vegan Treat of the Month Club, I knew that each and every recipe in this book would be a winner.
Also, being the generous and compassionate spirits they are, Lisa and Nicole are donating one-third of all eBook proceeds to a charity close to their hearts, the Elephant Nature Park in Northern Thailand. Buy the eBook and you’ll be helping elephants and be rewarded with mouth-watering sweet treats all at once.
Convinced yet? Read on about what you can expect from this sweet little tome:
- 25 deliciously sweet, whole foods based dessert recipes
- no wheat, refined flours, sugars, soy, eggs or dairy
- a delicious assortment of cookies, bars, and cakes
- recipes for must-have staples like nut milk, raw chocolate, and date paste you can make yourself
- well laid out and super simple instructions
- no need for fancy equipment (a blender or food processor and you’re good to go)
- great tips and techniques to add to your culinary repertoire
- large, full-colour photos of each recipe (including a few from yours truly)
The photographs in this post are some of my outtakes from the shoot and represent a small portion of the awesomeness you will find in the book: I feel truly honoured to have been able to contribute to its creation. Plus, not only did I get to spend a fun-filled weekend with friends, playing with props and styling to my heart’s content, a few of my photographs were selected by the girls (who also photographed their work) for the final product. Very cool.